What's the weirdest animal that lives in/above/under/next to your home?

Home Forums Random Chat What's the weirdest animal that lives in/above/under/next to your home?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Rev. Voodoo 5 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Andy

Hi,

I hate to see an empty bit of space on a forum, and I get the feeling this site is going to ‘explode’ with new users in the future, so I guess I want to get some kudos for being the first to post here ha ha!

Well, as this is ‘Off Topic’ I thought I’d start with something I’ve found really interesting since moving to the edge of a jungle in South East Asia – the wildlife!

The weirdest animal has to be the ‘Tokay’ gecko (the name Tokay comes from the noise it makes). We have several of them living above the house and they sometimes get in the house (they are easily scared back out again though). Apparently they can bite and they don’t like to let go for up to an hour. I read that submerging the offender in water ‘relaxes’ them and they tend to let go. Either that, or they drown and fall off. Either way, I won’t be getting too close, so all shooing away is done with brooms or other similar long implements.

Other animals include: smaller geckos that get everywhere, buffalo, birds that eat bugs off the buffalo, weird very long tailed squirrels and the biggest killer here – stray dogs (only because they have no idea about crossing the road safely when no traffic’s coming).

Still, pretty cool though!

What weird animals live near where you live?

Andy

P.S. Uploading photos of Tokay’s with their weird body patterns to facebook really confuses the face recognition software ha ha!

Rev. Voodoo
    Keymaster

That is a freakin’ bizarre looking critter!

Andy

Ha ha, you should hear my girlfriend when she finds it in the bathroom next to her in the shower!

Rev. Voodoo
    Keymaster

I bet! That would completely freak my wife out too!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.