We’ve only recently gotten our sites up to date with WordPress 3.1, and already discussions are underway for 3.2 You can check out the full story by clicking the title or the link under the title here (depending on which view you are on). But I’m already excited about the discussion. Major plans are:
- “Faster and Lighter” is the theme of the release. In terms of both release cycles for updates, and the code base itself.
- A requirement for PHP 5.2, and MySQL 5, time to drop support of old tech
- End of Life for IE6, on the admin side, control over the front end is up to your theme
- Distraction free writing, some kind of new full screen writing interface
- Upgrade improvements, only replacing files that were changed on upgrades
Those are the basic plans for this upgrade. I know I’m excited about performance improvements. Check out the link to follow the discussion.